Carol Priamo

Designer, photographer, author and multi-media artist.

Collage

Collage has for many years been a favourite artistic medium for expressing myself in a visual way. I continue to use it for design exercises, as commentaries on events occurring at the time, as summaries of past periods of my life, as explorations of dreams and hopes, and as efforts to manifest the hidden aspects of my inner psyche. It is a process of discovery always as each one finds a life and look of its own and surprises me with the impact of the final ensemble.

Beginning twenty years ago with paper collage using magazine cutouts and interesting recycled papers, I 'graduated' to computer generated collage because of the range and flexibility of the photo editing programs in creating an effect or size of a scanned image or paper, while keeping the 'original' components intact to use again.

Here I offer both forms and have identified the process used. Often it is difficult to determine which is "hands-on" and which is "digitally produced".

Click on a thumbnail to see an enlarged view of the image.